The present Anglican parish church is dedicated to Saint Michael and All Angels and contains monuments to the NEWTON family.
It was built in Norman times.
The church seats 200.
Kelby (also: Chileby or Chillebi) was a chapelry of Heydour. The Anglican church in Kelby was dedicated to St. Andrew and was built in the Norman era. The tower and spire were rebuilt in 1850. The registers are included with those of Heydour.
This village and parish lies just over six miles east northeast of Grantham and five miles southwest of Sleaford. Welby parish is just to the west, with Aunsby parish to the east and Braceby to the south. The parish covers about 2,800 acres and includes the hamlets of Aisby (Azeby), Oseby (Ozeby or Oasby), Culverthorpe and Kelby.
The village of Heydour is just west of the A15 trunk road at Swarby. If you are planning a visit:
Take the A15 south from Sleaford and turn west at Swarby or take the A153 east out of Sleaford and turn south at Wilsford.
A Millenium Green was established on the Upper Green near Aisby in the year 2000.
At last report (2012), the residents of Heydour were looking forward to a new Village Hall funded by a lottery win. The original Village Hall was a First World War Officers' Mess Hut obtained from the Belton Park Machine Gun Corps and extensively modified.
In a field west of the church was the location of a large mansion (or castle) built in the reign of King Stephen by one of the BUSSEY family, who were seated here until about 1609. Only faint traces remain.
Culverthorpe Hall, a building in the Italian style, was the seat of the NEWTON family.