The Lincoln Archives has parish registgers of baptisms 1559 - 1968, Marriages 1559 - 1968 and burials 1559 - 1812. They also have the Bishop's Transcripts for 1562 - 1836.
The LFHS has published several marriage and burial indexes for the Beltisloe Deanery to make your search easier.
The Catholics had a chapel here, erected by Lord CLIFFORD circa 1815. That chapel was taken down and moved to Corby in 1855-56. The CLIFFORDs and all the previous owners of Irnham were Catholics. For more on these chapels and their records, check our non-conformist religions page.
Irnham is both a parish and a village of the same name, on a high limestone ridge 10 miles south-east of Grantham and six miles north-west of Bourne. The parish also contains the two small hamlets of Hawthorpe and Bulby, both of which are about two miles east of the village of Irnham. Corby Glen parish lies two and a half miles to the southwest and Edenham parish to the south-east. The parish covers about 3,800 acres. The East Glen River runs through the middle of the parish as it meanders south.
The village of Irnham is bisected by the roads that lead to Ingoldsby, Corby, Swinstead and Hawthorpe. If you are planning a visit:
The village and parish lies just east of the A1 trunk road and just north of the A151.
In 1841, the Honourable Charles Thomas CLIFFORD was lord of the Manor and principal landowner.
In 1853, Charles Thomas CLIFFORD sold his manor and the estate at Irnham to William Harvey WOODHOUSE. In 1872, Mr. WOODHOUSE's trustees were lords of the manor and owners of nearly all the soil in the parish.
In 1900, Mrs. GORDON was lady of the manor and principal landowner.
Richard CROFT has a photograph of Irnham Hall on Geo-graph, taken in March, 2014.
Irnham Hall was the ancient seat of the PAYNELLS and then from about 1200, the LUTRELL family, Lords of Irnham until 1418. The Manor then passed by marriage to the HiILTON family and similarly in 1510 to the THIMBLEBY family, by whom the present Tudor house was built in about 1600.
The original Manor House was built by the LUTEREL family (often listed as LUTTRELL) who owned the estate prior to 1419. Irnham was one of the fifteen manors given by William the Conqueror to Ralph PAGANEL, and it passed from his family via an heiress to Sir Andrew LUTEREL, Knight.
Irnham Hall, built in the Tudor style, was a large and handsome mansion standing near the church and surrounded by 264 acres of woodland park in 1841. The mansion had been built in 1510 by Richard THIMBLEBY. He gained possession of the estate on his marriage to Elizabeth HILTON, the heiress of Godfrey HILTON.
In 1853 the Hall was sold to Woodhouse and had several owners until bought by the present owners the Benton Jones family in 1901.
In 1871, Irnham Hall was occupied by H. F. BEAUMONT, member of parliament. In 1900, Robert Bruce WARD was the occupant.
The manor was partly destroyed by fire in 1887.
In 1900, Robert Bruce WARD was the occupant.
In 1930, Irnham Hall was occupied by Sir Frederick John JONES, baronet.
Bulby contains the remains of a moated area and traces of the foundations of a large building which may have been a manor burnt down in the Barons' Wars. Some time after 1841, the Rev. William W. SMYTH erected Bulby House, a large mansion in the Elizabethan style.
The name derives from the Old English Geornaham or "village of a man called Georna," and is listed in the 1086 Domesday Book as Gerneham. A. D. Mills, "A Dictionary of English Place-Names," Oxford University Press, 1991.