GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Irnham

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 620
1861 R.G. 9 / 2315
1871 R.G. 10 / 3311
1881 R.G. 11 / 3195
1891 R.G. 12 / 2555
Return to top of page

Church History

Irnham St. Andrew's church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Irnham is both a parish and a village of the same name, on a high limestone ridge 10 miles south-east of Grantham and six miles north-west of Bourne. The parish also contains the two small hamlets of Hawthorpe and Bulby, both of which are about two miles east of the village of Irnham. Corby Glen parish lies two and a half miles to the southwest and Edenham parish to the south-east. The parish covers about 3,800 acres. The East Glen River runs through the middle of the parish as it meanders south.

The village of Irnham is bisected by the roads that lead to Ingoldsby, Corby, Swinstead and Hawthorpe. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Year  Person
1842 -- not listed --
1856 John RUMNEY, vict.
1868 Joseph HALL, farmer
1872 James HALL, farmer
1882 James HALL, farmer
1885 Charles TAYLOR, farmer
1900 Leonard MANTON, farmer
1913 Leonard MANTON, mariner
1930 John Geo. ROWELL
Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 299
1831 394
1841 426
1871 366
1881 284
1891 316
1901 265
1911 271
1921 276
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 10-October-2013 - Louis R. Mills]