Kettlethorpe is both a village and parish which sits in the vale of the River Trent, ten miles west of Lincoln and nine miles south of Gainsborough. The Fossdyke Canal passes just north of the parish and the River Trent forms the western boundary of the parish. Torksey parish is to the north and Newton on Trent parish to the south. The parish covered about 2,160 acres.
Kettlethorpe village was described in 1842 as "a scattered village" of 237 people.
Kettlethorpe parish contains two ancient townships: Fenton and Laughterton. Fenton is a large village about a half mile north of Kettlethorpe village. Laughterton is another large village a half mile west of Kettlethorpe village. If you are planning a visit:
- The village can be accessed off of the A156 trunk road south of Gainsborough.
- There are at least two caravan parks in the parish.
- A popular distraction for visitors is fishing in the Trent or playing golf on the local links.
- Fenton is the home of the Lincoln Motor Sport Club.
- You might enjoy a tour of the Kings & Smart Brewery, c/o White Rose Works, Park Farm, Kettlethorpe, Lincoln LN1 2LD. Tel: 01522 512919.
- Visit our touring page for more sources.
You can see pictures of Kettlethorpe which are provided by:
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK847758 (Lat/Lon: 53.272417, -0.731340), Kettlethorpe which are provided by: