GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Kettlethorpe

Census

 Census
Year
 Piece Numbers
1861 R.G. 9 / 2411
1871 R.G. 10 / 3449
1891 R.G. 12 / 2637
Return to top of page

Church History

Sts. Peter and Paul Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Kettlethorpe is both a village and parish which sits in the vale of the River Trent, ten miles west of Lincoln and nine miles south of Gainsborough. The Fossdyke Canal passes just north of the parish and the River Trent forms the western boundary of the parish. Torksey parish is to the north and Newton on Trent parish to the south. The parish covered about 2,160 acres.

Kettlethorpe village was described in 1842 as "a scattered village" of 237 people.

Kettlethorpe parish contains two ancient townships: Fenton and Laughterton. Fenton is a large village about a half mile north of Kettlethorpe village. Laughterton is another large village a half mile west of Kettlethorpe village. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 294
1831 463
1851 541
1861 486
1871 516
1891 434
1911 427
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 18-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]