There was a Christian church here before the Norman Conquest.
An older Anglican church, dedicated to St. Peter, burned down several centuries ago.
The present Anglican parish church was built in 1725 to replace the church above and was rededicated to Saints Peter and Paul. It has been rated as one of the best 1,000 churches in all of England in Simon Jenkin's book, "England's Thousand Best Churches." It has a remarkable oak interior with three-decker pulpit.
The church seats 150.
Here is a photo of Saints Peter and Paul Church, taken by Ron COLE (who retains the copyright):
Langton by Partney (Langton by Spilsby) is both a village and a parish that lies about 4 miles north of Spilsby and 9 miles east of Horncastle. Partney parish is immediately to the south and Driby parish to the north. The parish covers some 1,300 acres, most of which is sandy loam and chalk.
The village sits in a valley between the A158 as it travels east from Horncastle and the A16 trunk road that goes north from Spilsby.
Langton Hall was destroyed by fire first in 1405. It was rebuilt in the 1550s.
The Elizabethan manor lasted until about 1817 when it too was destroyed by fire.
D. H. HAMILTON advises: "The Elizabethan Langton Hall, which was destroyed by fire in 1817 has recently been located N.E. of the church. It appears to have been in the form of a 60 foot square (Langton resident's discovery)."
Bennet Rothes LANGTON erected Langton Hall in 1866-67. It was built of brick with stone dressings in the Elizabethan style and stood a little north of the village. D. H. HAMILTON reports that it was demolished around 1960 and other sources cite the same time frame.
Langton Old Hall was the 1900 residence of Meaburn STANILAND.
The name Langton is very common in England and occurs several times in Lincolnshire. It derives from the Old English lang+tun, for "long farmstead or estate". ["A Dictionary of English Place-Names," A. D. Mills, Oxford University Press, 1991]