GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Londonthorpe

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2352
1871 R.G. 10 / 3363
1891 R.G. 12 / 2586
Return to top of page

Church History

St. John's church

St. John's church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Londonthorpe is both a small village and a large parish. The parish is about 110 miles north of London and lies about three miles east of Grantham along the old Ermine Street (now the B6403). The parish itself is bounded on the north by Belton parish, to the east by Welby parish, west by Grantham, and to the south by Somerby parish. The parish covers about 1,710 acres.

The village of Londonthorpe is about three miles northeast of Grantham's center and just east of Belton House. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military Records

For a photograph of the Londonthorpe War Memorial and the names on it, see the Roll of Honour site.

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 125
1841 182
1851 222
1861 228
1871 227
1891 173
1911 181
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 1-December-2013 - Louis R. Mills]