GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Lusby

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2371 & 2375
1871 R.G. 10 / 3383
1891 R.G. 12 / 2599
Return to top of page

Church History

St. Peter's Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Lusby is both a village and a parish in the Wold hills, 4.5 miles west of Spilsby and 6 miles east of Horncastle. Hagworthingham parish lies to the north and Asgarby parish to the south. The parish covered about 760 acres in 1842, increasing to 1,075 (including a Fen allotment of 212 acres) by 1872. In 1900, the parish covered about 880 acres. The parish has been a predominatly agricultural settlement over the centuries.

Lusby village is on a road that runs from Hagworthingham south to East Kirkby. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 89
1811 90
1821 126
1831 140
1841 110
1851 109
1871 120
1881 122
1891 83
1911 91
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 14-November-2012 - Louis R. Mills]