GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Maltby le Marsh

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2111
1861 R.G. 9 / 2379
1871 R.G. 10 / 3399
1891 R.G. 12 / 2606
Return to top of page

Church History

All Saints Church

All Saints front

All Saints back

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Maltby le Marsh is both a parish and a village that lies about 4 miles inland from Mablethorpe and the same distance north of Alford. The land used to be mostly marshy, fen-like ground, but has since been properly drained. The parish covered 1,377 acres in 1842, 1,408 acres in 1900. Earl's Bridge connects this parish with Mablethorpe.

The village of Maltby le Marsh has become a sizable one. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military Records

For a photograph of the Maltby Roll of Honour and a list of the names on it, see the Roll of Honour site.

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 208
1831 209
1841 229
1871 334
1881 302
1891 251
1901 234
1911 230
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 30-September-2013 - Louis R. Mills]