There was a priory for Black or Austin Canons here, founded by Ralph Fitz-Gilbert in 1203 or 1204. No vestige of it now remains.
The ancient Church of Saint Peter (seen below) was converted by 1911 to be used only for baptisms and burials. A new church, Christ Church, was erected in 1885 on a site donated by Charles L. MASSINGBERD, who died in 1887.
There is a photograph of Christ Church on the Wendy PARKINSON Church Photos web site.
Here is a photograph of the Church of St. Peter with a thatched roof in 1911. This is the only thatched-roof church in Lincolnshire. The photograph was taken by John HILES and he retains the copyright:
Markby Church with thatched roof, c. 1911
Here is a photo of St. Peter's Church, taken by Ron COLE (who retains the copyright):