Market Rasen is a both a parish and a village of the same name. It lies 15 miles north-east of Lincoln and 15 miles west of Louth. Linwood parish lies to the south and Middle Rasen parish to the west. The parish only covers about 975 acres.
Market Rasen was described by Charles Dickens as the "sleepiest town in England." If you are planning a visit:
- Market Rasen lies on the A46 trunk road about midway between Lincoln and Grimsby. The A631 also passes through the heart of the village as it winds between West rasen and Louth.
- Or try the Market Rasen Mail site.
- Like to watch the horse races? Then check out Market Rasen Racecourse, the only one in Lincolnshire.
- Check out our touring page for resources.
You can see pictures of Market Rasen which are provided by:
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF100890 (Lat/Lon: 53.386382, -0.347526), Market Rasen which are provided by: