GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Marton

Cemeteries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2411
1871 R.G. 10 / 3449
1891 R.G. 12 / 2637
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Marton is both a village and parish in the north of Lincolnshire. The parish lies 150 miles north of London and 5 miles south of Gainsborough with Stow parish just to the east. The River Trent forms the western border and across the river lies Nottinghamshire. There is a small hamlet on the river called Trent Port. The parish covers about 1,300 acres.

The village is almost joined with Gate Burton to the north and sits at the end of a Roman Road which comes from Sturton by Stow in the east. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Year  Person
1842 James BUTLER, vict.
1868 James BUTLER
1872 James BUTLER, victualler
1882 Alfd. BAILY, groc. & vict.
1900 Jonathan Herbert BOX, grocer
1913 Mrs. Rebecca DAFF
1919 Joseph DAFF
1930 -- not listed --
2013 Neil and Lissa MacFARLANE
Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 374
1831 494
1851 544
1861 487
1871 498
1881 437
1891 376
1911 426
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 18-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]