This village and parish sits 8 miles north of Grantham and just 2 miles southeast of Caythorpe. The parish covers about 1,550 acres. Ancaster parish is just to the southeast, Carlton Scroop parish to the southwest and Hough on the Hill parish to the west.
The village is right on the A607 trunk road north out of Grantham. If you are planning a visit:
Take the A17 west out of Sleaford and then the A607 south past Caythorpe.
Michael PECK provides us with: "The war memorials at Normanton have now been recorded. There are three, one is dedicated to WW1, one to WW2 and the third is to a named individual. There are no numbers, ranks or arms of service mentioned except for the individual:"
Joseph S Gale
John T Hempsall
Charles E Spendlow
John M Chambers
John D Andrew
Edward H Dennison
The electric lighting of this church was installed by Thomas Chambers in memory of his son Sub-Lieut John M Chambers killed in action 25th Nov 1940.
The name Normanton is fairly common. It is Old English northman+tun, or "farmstead of the Northmen or Norwegian Vikings". [A. D. Mills, "A Dictionary of English Place-Names," Oxford University Press, 1991]