Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
North Hykeham Church History
- In the 17th Century, this parish was known as Chapel Hykeham because it did not have a church of its own. For this reason, many parish events are recorded in South Hykeham.
- The former "chapel of ease" became delapidated in the early 18th century and became disused. But the burial ground continued to be used. A new church was built and the Anglican parish church was dedicated to All Saints. It was rebuilt in 1858 and seats 200 persons.
- Richard CROFT has a photograph of All Saints' Church on Geo-graph, taken in October, 2005.
- Here is a photo of All Saints Church, taken by (and copyright of) Wendy PARKINSON.
- Here is a photo of the church, taken by Ron COLE (who retains the copyright):