North Hykeham Church History
- In the 17th Century, this parish was known as Chapel Hykeham because it did not have a church of its own. For this reason, many parish events are recorded in South Hykeham.
- The former "chapel of ease" became delapidated in the early 18th century and became disused. But the burial ground continued to be used. A new church was built and the Anglican parish church was dedicated to All Saints. It was rebuilt in 1858 and seats about 200 persons.
- Here is a photo of All Saints Church, taken by (and copyright of) Wendy Parkinson.
- Here is a photo of the church, taken by Ron Cole (who retains the copyright):
help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Last updated: 20-May-2008 - Louis R. Mills]