North Somercotes is a village and a parish 10 miles northeast of Louth, on the coast midway between Mabelthorpe and Cleethorpes. The parish sits on the banks of the North Sea and covers about 6,000 acres. The north end of the parish was formerly a salt marsh of 300 acres called the "Fitties".
If you are planning a visit:
- There is bus service from Louth and from Grimsby. See our transport page for bus carriers.
- The nearest railway station is at Cleethorpes, about 16 miles away.
- The village shares a website with South Somercotes, so visit it for more information.
- See our touring page for visitor services.
You can see pictures of North Somercotes which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which North Somercotes has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF417973 (Lat/Lon: 53.453405, 0.132481), North Somercotes which are provided by: