Saleby is a village and parish which is just north of Alford on the road to Louth and 11 miles south-east of Louth itself. The parish includes the hamlet of Thoresthorpe, about one mile north of Saleby village. The parish covers about 1,790 acres.
And any visit to Saleby should start with:
By automobile, take the A1104 trunk road north out of Louth. Saleby will be about one mile outside of Alford. Alternatively, one can take the A1104 east out of Mablethorpe and stay on that road. Saleby village sits just east of the roadway.
This place was an ancient parish of Lincolnshire and became a modern Civil Parish when those were established.
The parish was in the ancient Calceworth Wapentake in the East Lindsey district in the parts of Lindsey.
Kelly's 1900 Directory of Lincolnshire places the parish in the South Lindsey division of the county.
In recent times the Civil Parish has merged with another to create the modern Civil Parish of Beesby with Saleby. The combined parish does not have a formal Parish Council, but has a Parish Meeting from time to time to deal with civic and political issues.