Scamblesby is both a village and a parish in the Wolds, seven miles southwest of Louth and six miles north of Horncastle. Belchford parish lies to the south and Cawkwell parish to the north. The parish covers about 2,000 acres.
The village of Scamblesby is on the Louth to Horncastle Road (now the A153). A small stream runs through the village on its way to join the River Bain. If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, the village is 10 minutes outside of Louth on the A153.
- Tony ATKIN has a nice photograph of Scamblesby village on Geo-graph, taken in 2005.
- Stop in at Scamblesby Village Hall and check the scheduled activities, classes and events.
- Visit our touring page for more sources.
You can see pictures of Scamblesby which are provided by:
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF270785 (Lat/Lon: 53.288241, -0.096268), Scamblesby which are provided by: