GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Scampton

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2106
1861 R.G. 9 / 2364
1871 R.G. 10 / 3377
1891 R.G. 12 / 2596
Return to top of page

Church History

St. John the Baptist Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Scampton is a parish and small town north-northwest of Lincoln. To the southwest is Broxholme parish. Burton by Stow lies to the west. The parish covers just over 2,200 acres. Till Bridge is a hamlet in the parish, 3 miles west of Scampton village, on the River Till.

The village of Scampton is about a mile west of the Roman Road: Ermine Street. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 133
1821 238
1831 242
1841 224
1851 228
1871 248
1881 230
1891 231
1911 194
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 18-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]