Stoke Rochford is both a village and a parish, although the parish is sometimes refered to as North Stoke and South Stoke. The parish itself is bounded on the north by Great Ponton, on the south by Skillington parish and Easton township.
Cringle Brook rises near the village of Stoke and feeds northward into the River Witham. If you are planning a visit:
By automobile, take the A1 Motorway south out of Grantham for six miles, past Great Ponton. Stoke Rochford will be on the right, and the township of Easton on the left.
Visitors may want to see the Easton Walled Gardens. Until World War II this place had been gardened continuously for at least 400 years.
Stoke Park manor was originally built around 1764 by Edmund TURNOR. A new mansion was built to replace the old manor house around 1842. The "park", itself, occupied about 400 acres. The Hall was severly damaged by fire in 2005 and has been restored.
In front of the manor was an obelisk with the inscription "In honour of Sir Isaac Newton."