GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Stubton

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2482
1871 R.G. 10 / 3545
1881 R.G. 11 / 3379
Return to top of page

Church History

St. Martin's Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

This village and parish lies between the A1 and A17 motorways 6 miles southeast of Newark. Largely rural, the parish covers over 1,100 acres and several tributaries of the Witham and Brant Rivers have their sources within its boundaries. Claypole parish lies to the west and Fenton parish to the north.

The village of Stubton is only six miles southeast of Newark-on-Trent, about 20 miles southwest of the city of Lincoln and one mile east of Claypole. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 118
1841 170
1871 169
1881 132
1891 127
1911 117
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 3-December-2013 - Louis R. Mills]