Surfleet is both a village and parish four miles north of Spalding and southwest of Boston that includes the hamlet of Surfleet Seas-End. The parish is bounded on the northwest by Gosberton parish and on the south by Pinchbeck parish. The River Welland and the River Glen provide a boundary line on the southwest edge of the parish. The area is just over 4,060 acres of flat fenland, drained by many small canals, and includes the hamlet of Surfleet Seas-End.
The name Surfleet is from the Old English sur+fleot, or "Sour Stream". In the 1086 Domesday Book, the village is given as Sverefelt and in 1167 as Surfleit. [A. D. Mills, "A Dictionary of English Place-Names," Oxford University Press, 1991]