GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Sutton St. Edmund

Archives and Libraries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 611
1851 H.O. 107 / 2097
1861 R.G. 9 / 2326
1871 R.G. 10 / 3327
1891 R.G. 12 / 2566
Return to top of page

Church History

St. Edmund's Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Sutton St. Edmund is a parish and a village about 100 miles north of London, 14 miles southeast from Spalding and 5 miles west of the A1101 trunk road that runs between Wisbech and Long Sutton. Gedney Hill parish lies to the west, separated by a cut of the South Holland Main Drain. Cambridgeshire to the south and east, also defined by a drainage cut. The area is typical fenland: marshy and flat, drained by several small canals and the larger South Holland Main Drain.

If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1831 626
1871 734
1881 676
1891 645
1901 600
1911 652
1921 677
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Note: Sections marked (JB) were contributed by John R. G. Bland of Lincolnshire.

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 2-October-2013 - Louis R. Mills]