The Anglican parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
There was an "iron church" at Walesby, erected in 1881. It was intended to be a temporary home for the church until that building could be rebuilt. Antony Berber provides this history:
"Apparently the original church of Walesby, All Saints, was situated on an eminence. In Kelly's 1896, this church being very dilapidated and inconveniently situated, an iron church has been erected in the village to hold 140 persons and is licensed by the Bishop for divine worship until the restoration or rebuilding, on a new site, of the parish Church. This iron church would be an example of what was often provided as a temporary building or for a congregation that were too poor to pay for a stone or brick one. The iron refers to the corrugated iron with which it was clad. I understand that you could buy these as a kit of parts. Although these were intended to have a short life only, some have survived to the present day and have acquired listed building status.
It was still in use in 1913, but in 1914 a new church of St Mary and All Saints was erected and presumably the old iron one was demolished or sold."
Peter Starling provides this addition to the history of the iron church:
"The iron church at Walesby was sold (not demolished) when the new Saint Mary's opened in 1914. It went on to have a useful life as a tempory church in Linwood and still stands there today but now in a rather dilapidated, unused state."
There is a photograph of All Saints Church on the Wendy PARKINSON Church Photos web site.
David WRIGHT has a photograph of the Church of All Saints on Geo-graph, taken in March, 2006. David notes that this is "The Rambler's Church".
Here are two photos of the church, taken by (and copyright of) Ron COLE.
The Lincolnshire FHS has published several marriage indexes and a burial index for the Westwold Deanery to make your search easier. At one time there was a Walshcroft deanery to which this church belonged until that deanery was amalgamated with Westwold.
The Wesleyans had a small chapel here by 1881. For information and assistance in researching this church, see our non-conformist religions page.
Walesby is both a village and a parish in the Wold Hills, 3 miles northeast of Market Rasen and 7 miles south of Caistor. Tealby parish lies to the southeast. The parish covers about 3,600 acres and includes the hamlets of Risby and Otby.