GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Welby

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2103
1861 R.G. 9 / 2352
1871 R.G. 10 / 3363
1891 R.G. 12 / 2586
Return to top of page

Church History

St. Bartolomew's Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

This village and parish are just 4 miles east-northeast of Grantham, off the A52 trunk road to the north. Londonthorpe parish lies to the west, separated from Welby by the old Roman Road "Ermine Street". The parish covers just over 2,700 acres.

The village of Welby sits in a small vale. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Welby Feast

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military Records

For a photograph of the Welby War Memorial and to see the list of names on it, see the Roll of Honour site.

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 236
1811 275
1821 236
1831 377
1841 475
1851 481
1861 499
1871 490
1881 390
1891 376
1901 385
1911 386
1971 137
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 5-December-2013 - Louis R. Mills]