West Ashby is both a village and a parish in the Wold hills, two miles north of Horncastle. Fulletby parish lies to the east and Horncastle parish to the south. The parish covers about 2,380 acres and includes the hamlets of Farthorpe and Middlethorpe.
West Ashby village is a short walk from Horncastle. If you are planning a visit:
- The village is on the old Horncastle to Louth road (now the A153).
- The Horncastle Golf Club is here. Phone: 01507 526-800.
- Fishing is also a popular recreation in Ashby Park. Phone: 01507 527-966.
- Visit our touring page for more sources.
You can see pictures of West Ashby which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which West Ashby has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF260720 (Lat/Lon: 53.230101, -0.113863), West Ashby which are provided by: