GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

West Barkwith

Census

WELLS
CRAWFORD
BROXHOLME
HARRISON
FOUNTAIN
KIRK
SHUCKSMITH
STAMPER
Census
Year
Piece No.
1871 R.G. 10 / 3378
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

West Barkwith is both a village and a parish in the Wolds, about midway between Louth and Lincoln, 13 miles northeast of Lincoln, 13 miles southwest of Louth and 2.5 miles northeast of Wragby. Panton parish lies to the southeast and West Torrington parish to the northwest. The parish covers about 500 acres.

West Barkwith village lies astride the old Louth Road (now the A157) to Lincoln. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military Records

There is a joint war memorial shared by East Barkwith with West Barkwith. It is on the A157 junction in East Barkwith. It was unveiled in May, 1921.

There is a list of the names from the memorial and other sources at the Roll of Honour site.

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 66
1811 66
1821 93
1831 113
1841 130
1851 143
1871 123
1881 119
1891 132
1901 115
1911 110
1921 93
1931 86
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 1-June-2012 - Louis R. Mills]