GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Wildmore (Thornton le Fen)

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2108
1871 R.G. 10 / 3338 thru 3340
1891 R.G. 12 / 2600
1901 R.G. 13 / 3071
Return to top of page

Church History

Wildmore Haven Bank

St. Peter's  Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Wildmore is a parish, often called Thornton le Fen, although for many years the two have been separate civil parishes. It lies 11 miles south of Horncaslte and 9 miles northwest of Boston. Originally, it was all Fenland, mostly uninhabited, with parts allocated to various other parishes as land was drained. It has been part of the Boston district as well as part of the Horncastle district over time.

There is no village of Wildmore. New York is a hamlet in the parish. Bunker's Hill and Gipsy Bridge are hamlets in the old Thornton le Fen parish. The River Witham flows toward Boston down the southwest side of the parish. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1871 785
1881 689
1891 736
1911 633
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 21-August-2012 - Louis R. Mills]