GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Wilsford

Note: There is also a Wilsford in Wiltshire.

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2344
1871 R.G. 10 / 3351
1891 R.G. 12 / 2580
Return to top of page

Church History

St. Mary's Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Wilsford is both a village and a parish five miles WSW of Sleaford and nine miles northeast of Grantham. Ancaster parish lies to the north and west and Rauceby parish to the north and east. The parish covers about 3,000 acres and includes the eastern edge of the village of Ancaster. The ancient hamlet of Hanbeck is part of the parish, now only a farm.

The village of Wilsford sits on the south bank of a rivulet that eventually joins the River Slea. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Military Records

For a photograph of the Wilsford War Memorial and the names on the Roll of Honour, see the Roll of Honour site.

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 231
1841 429
1871 647
1881 689
1891 687
1901 658
1911 648
1921 595
1991 384
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 21-August-2012 - Louis R. Mills]