- The RAF opened an airfield here in February 1942 as a sattelite to RAF Coningsby.
- After the war, the airfield was used as a Bloodhound missile site.
- The airfield closed in 1964.
- There is a book about the RAF Station: "Into Thin Air: The Story of a Bomber Station at War, RAF Woodhall Spa 1941-1945" by Nigel Press, publ. 2003, Tucann Design & Print, 256 pages, ISBN: 978-187325717-3.
- Ron STRUTT has a photograph of the Dambusters Memorial on Geo-graph, taken in 2004.
Following the cessation of hostilities in November 1918, Woodhall Spa set about the erection of a memorial to its fallen. A gift from Mrs. Alexander TROTTER (who was carrying out the wish of her late Husband), in the form of a Portland stone cross, was erected in the churchyard of St. Andrews, on the corner where the four roads from Horncastle, Lincoln, Stixwould and Kirkstead met. The corner was said to be "the very centre of the daily life of the Spa". The unveiling ceremony was reported in the 24th March 1923 edition of the Horncastle News and it fell to Capt. HOTCHKIN MC., to perform the deed, supported by the Vicar, the very Reverend W.H. BENSON-BROWN. For him, this must have been a very sad day for he too had lost a Son in the conflict whose memory is honoured on the Bucknall Memorial.
The Memorial, designed by Mr. H.W. WOOD architect of Newcastle, had been worked and erected by Mr. H. JACKSON of Lincoln and was enclosed in suitable iron fencing. On its front was the inscription, in red lettering "To the glory of God and in honoured memory of the men of the parish who served in the Great War 1914-1918. Nobly they died fighting to make men free".
John EMERSON, who retains the copyright, provides these photographs of the war memorial at Woodhall Spa: