Prior to being created as a civil parish, this was an extra parocial plot. It was created as a civil parish in the mid 1800's. A Church Mission Room was built in the village in 1870 and services were held by curates from Louth, later from Ruckland parish. The chapel of Saint Clement seated only about 60 persons.
The Anglican parish church is dedicated to Saint Clement.
This chapel must have been redundant as it is now converted to a dwelling.
Robert DANYLEC has a photograph of Worlaby Chapel on Geo-graph, taken in April, 2006.
Here is a photo of St. Clement's Church, taken by Ron COLE (who retains the copyright):
Worlaby is a civil parish that lies 8 miles due south of Louth and 7 miles northeast of Horncastle. The parish is geographically small, but sources differ as to land area covered. Note: This parish is often confused with the larger, older parish of Worlaby (by Brigg).
The small village of Worlaby is now just an intersection of a road from Ruckland to Tetford just west off the A16 trunk road. If you are planning a visit:
Jan HOLLAND has a photograph of beautiful downtown Worlaby on Geo-graph, taken in 2008.
The parish name derives from the Old Scandinavian Wulfric+by, which means "Wulfric's farmstead". In the 1086 Domesday Book, the other Worlaby is listed as Uluricebi. ["A Dictionary of English Place-Names," A. D. Mills, Oxford University Press, 1991]