"TWYFORD ABBEY, hundred of Ossulstone, county Middlesex, 7 miles N.W. of St. Paul's, London, and 2 from Acton. It is situated near the viaduct of the London and North Western railway, on the Paddington Canal and the river Brent. It is mentioned in Domesday Book as Tveverde, and was then held by St. Paul's Cathedral, but came to William de Cranford in 1114, and subsequently to the Philpots, Cholmeleys, and Willian, who rebuilt the abbey on the old site. Attached to the abbey is a private chapel with tombs of the Moyles, and Bold, the poet."