Wycliffe Independent Chapel was originally in Cannon Street Road, St George in the East and later Philpot Street, Commercial Road, Whitechapel. Records of baptims and burials are in the National Archives with references RG4/4146-4153, 4182, 4295-4300, and 4496. They are indexed on Non-Parochial BMDs Service.
See also, Lodemore, Charles. 'Wycliffe Chapel, Philpot Street, Stepney'. Cockney Ancestor, 83 (Summer 1999), 8-9.
The Poor Jews' Temporary Shelter was established at 19 Church Lane Whitechapel in 1885 to provide a refuge for unemployed Jews, but it was mainly directed towards providing for Jewish migrants from eastern Europe who were en route to the New World or South Africa. A database of people recorded as passing through the shelter between 1896 and 1914 has been compiled. Historical research into the Shelter and the creation of the database have been described by its creators, and the database is made available online by the Kaplan Centre for Jewish Studies and Research at the University of Cape Town.
Jill Waterson's History Pieces website has an article about the Old Castle Street Area, Whitechapel, 1851. This explores the nature of the population residing in the area (enumeration district 10) by analysing the 1851 census. Issues considered include the extent of Jewish settlement in the area, the mix of nationalities, and the residents' occupations. It includes a list of heads of household, with their occupations and those of their familes.