Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Northumberland:- Church History
- Calvinistic Methodist Ministers in Northumberland, 1887 from: The Diary of the Calvinistic Methodists, for 1887. Edited by the Rev. E. Jerman, Wrexham and Joseph Evans, Swansea. Published for the General Assembly of the Calvinistic Methodists by Hughes & Son, Hope Street, Wrexham.
- A full listing of the Bishops of Durham from 955 AD to the present day. (Until 1882, when the Diocese of Newcastle was formed, the Diocese of Durham included the county of Northumberland).
- A sketch of Ernest Roland Wilberforce (1840-1908) who was Bishop of Newcastle-upon-Tyne from 1882 to 1895, and Bishop of Chichester from 1895 until his death.
- Methodist Churches in 1940 in the "Carlisle", "Middlesbrough and Darlington", "Newcastle-upon-Tyne" and "Sunderland and Durham" Districts. This includes all of Northumberland and Co Durham.
- Anglican Parishes and Chapels of Ease attempts to illustrate the changes in the parish structure of the county from the 16th century to modern times.
- Information on Parishes, Churches and Chapels in the Catholic Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle.
- The North-East Catholic History Society.
- Northumbrian documents of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, comprising the register of the estates of Roman Catholics in Northumberland and the corespondence of Miles Stapylton.