Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
- The Tomorrow's History website gives access to many useful collections, maps and community projects relating to the region's history.
- Hadrian's Wall Country.
- David Simpson's History of North East England.
- Northumberland County Histories Vols 1-15 and several other local history books are available on microfiche from Ancestral Indexes.
- Historical, social and descriptive notes on Northumberland towns extracted from the 9th (1880) and 10th (1902) editions of Encyclopedia Britannica by George Bell.
- Remembering the Past, Resourcing the Future from North Shields Library Club.
- The Keys to the Past website "provides access to a complete record of the archaeology of the two counties [the modern counties of Northumberland and Co Durham], from the smallest prehistoric flint to the largest medieval castle." The equivalent site covering Tyne and Wear [the Metropolitan Districts of Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside, South Tyneside and Sunderland] is Sitelines.
Note that the Unitary Authorities of Hartlepool, Stockton- on-Tees and Darlington are not covered by either index.