We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
- A list of Collieries in Northumberland and Durham.
- Lists of Coal Mines of Northumberland in 1896 and of Metalliferous Mines of Northumberland in 1896 provided by the Peak District Mines Historical Society Ltd.
- Two interesting articles from History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club
- Lime Kilns of North Northumberland by J.W. Bainbridge, vol. 45, part 2 (1991) pp. 111-138 - describes lime kilns in this area from 15th century onwards. Many photographs and lots of insight into working conditions.
- Coal mines of North Northumberland by J.W.Bainbridge published in three parts in History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club.
This paper looks at the coal mines in these areas, their history, mining methods used, and the living conditions for the colliers and their families.
- Berwickhill, vol. 46, part 1 (1993) pp. 37-74
- Scremerston Triangle, vol. 46, part 2 (1994) pp. 137-178
- Southern sector - Duddo to Wandylaw, vol. 46, part 3 (1995) pp. 237-271
- A picture of a Newcastle keel boat.
- A listing of Markets, Fairs and Hirings in Northumberland.
- The standard reference book for artists who were native of or worked in the North East is The Artists of Northumbria by Marshall Hall (Marshall Hall Associates Newcastle-upon-Tyne: 1973) ISBN: 0 903858 00 2