"Beckingham is a well-built village, pleasantly situated on the turnpike road, 9 miles east by south of Bawtry, 8½ miles north by east of Retford, and 3 miles west of Gainsborough. It contains about 456 inhabitants and several neat houses, and the commodious residence of Sir Joseph Rudsdale, Bart. The parish, which extends eastward to the Trent, comprises 2,529 acres of land, of the rateable value of £3,014 3s 9d. The church is an ancient structure, dedicated to All Saints, and has a nave, side aisles and a tower. The prebendary of Beckingham is patron of the vicarage, which is valued in the King's books at £5 15s 3d, now at £111, and is discharged from the payment of first fruits. The Rev. James Stovin is the incumbent. The Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists each have a chapel in the village. The parish school is endowed with one eighth part of the rents of 33 acres of land in Beckingham, and 28½ acres in Saundby, which were bequeathed in 1731 by James Wharton Esq., who directed that the remaining seven-eighths of the rents should be paid to Gainsborough Grammar School. The land is now let for £98 18s per annum, so that the yearly sum received by this school is £12, for which the master teaches ten free scholars. Four others are educated for the interest of £100, left in 1823 by Miss Sarah Richardson, whose father was nearly fifty years vicar of this parish. Two others are also taught for £2 paid out of two acres of meadow land, which was given at the enclosure in exchange for the Poor's Land, and is now let for £4 per annum, of which the remaining £2 is given at Easter to the poor of the parish." [WHITE's "Directory of Nottinghamshire," 1853]
The government instituted the Local Defense Volunteers in May, 1940. In August, 1940, Winston CHURCHILL changed the name to "The Home Guard." There is a photograph of the Beckingham Home Guard from that period at the NorthNotts site.
A memorial cross of Portland Stone in the churchyard of All Saints', Beckingham, was unveiled 29th May 1920 by Major BELL, dedicated by Rev. Charles R. ROUND.
There is a framed Roll of Honour inside All Saints Church.