The Anglican parish church is dedicated to Emanuel (often spelled as "Emmanuel").
The church was built in 1868 of stone, the cost provided by the Duke of St. Albans.
The church is Grade II listed with British Heritage.
Alan MURRAY-RUST has a photograph of Emmanuel Church on Geo-graph, taken in July, 2010.
St. Mark's ecclessiastical (mission) parish was carved from Emanuel ecclessiastical parish and services were held in a schoolroom at first.. The first service at the new church (at the end of Church Road at School Walk) was held on Saturday 7th May 1887.
St. Mark's seats 250.
David HALLAM-JONES has a photograph of St. Mark'sChurch on Geo-graph, taken in May, 2012.
Bestwood is both a village and a parish. The parish lies 137 miles north of London, 7 miles north-west of Nottingham and 2.5 miles north-west of Greasley. The parish borders Derbyshire on the west and covers 958 acres.