"Bilborough is a small, pleasant village and parish 3½ miles west north west of Nottingham. It contains 255 inhabitants and 1098 acres of clay land, the whole of which belongs to James Thomas Edge Esq., except the Broxtow Hall estate, which is the property of Lord Middleton. The church is a small structure, with a tower and one bell. it is dedicated to St Martin, and is a rectory valued in the King's books at £3 12s 6d, and now £273. The Rev. William Topham Hobson M.A. is the rector, and resides at the rectory house, a handsome mansion built in 1842 at a cost of about £2,000. In 1839, the tithe allotment of 230 acres was exchanged for two messuages and 156a 1r 16p of land in the parish of Bleasby."
[WHITE's "Directory of Nottinghamshire," 1853]
|1841||H.O. 107 / 856|
|1851||H.O. 107 / 2127|
|1861||R.G. 9 / 2442|
|1891||R.G. 12 / 2671|
This is a small village and a parish 4 miles west-north-west of Nottingham and 134 miles north of London. The River Trent runs through the parish, just south of the town. The parish covers 1,050 acres.
The village is normally regarded as a suburb of Nottingham.
Year Inhabitants 1801 307 1831 330 1851 255 1881 210 1901 202
Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.