"Bilborough is a small, pleasant village and parish 3½ miles west north west of Nottingham. It contains 255 inhabitants and 1098 acres of clay land, the whole of which belongs to James Thomas Edge Esq., except the Broxtow Hall estate, which is the property of Lord Middleton. The church is a small structure, with a tower and one bell. it is dedicated to St Martin, and is a rectory valued in the King's books at £3 12s 6d, and now £273. The Rev. William Topham Hobson M.A. is the rector, and resides at the rectory house, a handsome mansion built in 1842 at a cost of about £2,000. In 1839, the tithe allotment of 230 acres was exchanged for two messuages and 156a 1r 16p of land in the parish of Bleasby."
[White's "Directory of Nottinghamshire," 1853]
|1861||R.G. 9 / 2442|
|1891||R.G. 12 / 2671|
The Bilborough Roll of Honour is recorded as part of the Midlands Heritage.
Year Inhabitants 1801 307 1851 255 1901 202
Find help, report problems, or contribute information