A cemetery of two acres was formed on the Grantham Road in 1888.
The cemetery is managed by the parish council.
John Mellors tells us that:
"At the end of the 1888 burials the following note appears: "The new cemetery began to be used in this year and the churchyard was partially closed by order of the Home Secretary." "NB The names of those persons buried in the cemetery from this date (1888) to Jun 28th 1910 are not recorded in this Register or in any book belonging to the Church" signed H R M HUTT rector on 28 Jun 1910
The new cemetery is called "The Cemetery on the Banks".
Kate JEWELL has a photograph in the Cemetery on Geo-graph, taken in May, 2006.