GENUKI Home page
Nottinghamshire Nottinghamshire   Contents Contents   Neighbours Nearby Places

Cottam

"Cottam is a township and chapelry at the east end of the parish [of South Leverton], on an eminence overlooking the vale of the Trent, 7 miles east by south from Retford, and 2½ from South Leverton. The small chapel is dedicated to the Holy Trinity, in which devine service is performed once a fortnight."
[White's "Directory of Nottinghamshire," 1853]

Note: There is a Cottam parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire.

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2415
1891 R.G. 12 / 2640
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Cottam is a parish, a township and a village near the River Trent on the border with Lincolnshire in the northern part of Nottinghamshire. The parish lies 8 miles east of East Retford and 127 miles north of London. The parish covers 600 acres.

The parish dominated today by a coal-fired power plant. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Population
1861 86
1871 90
1881 107
1891 81
1901 88
1911 102
1921 103
1931 101
Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.


Valid HTML 4.0! [Last updated: 8-August-2013 - Louis R. Mills]