GENUKI Home page
Nottinghamshire Nottinghamshire   Contents Contents   Neighbours Nearby Places

East Retford

Cemeteries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 849
1861 R.G. 9 / 2413 & 2415
1891 R.G. 12 / 2639, 2640 & 2642
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

East Retford was a market town. a parish and a parliamentary and municipal borough which lies 144 miles north of London. The town sits on the east bank of the River Idle, 8 miles east from Worksop, 18 miles south-east from Doncaster and 32 miles north-east of Nottingham city.

If you are planning a visit to the towne:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Medical Records

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

The population soared after the amalgamation in 1921 of West Retford, North Retford and Ordsall Civil Parishes into the Civil Pariush of East Retford.

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 1,948
1811 2,030
1821 2,465
1831 2,491
1841 2,6801
1851 2,943
1871 3,194
1881 3,414
1891 3,438
1901 3,436
1911 3,614
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid HTML 4.01

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.