Farndon is a village and a parish only 3 miles south of Newark on the River Trent. The parish covers 1,750 acres.
Farndon has developed a large marina on the River Trent in recent decades. You can stop by The Riverside Pub and Kitchen and admire the boats. This used to be the old Britannia Pub when there was a ferry crossing here. If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, take the A46 (the old "Foss Way") south out of Newark toward Bingham.
- Bus service is available from Newark.
- Keep an eye out for the Farndon Windmill, here shown on Geo-graph, taken in March, 2008.
- Jonathan THACKER has a photograph of the Farndon Marina on Geo-graph, taken in April, 2011. Visitors find the Marina a relaxing place to walk, stop and have a pint, or to watch the local birds cavort.
You can see pictures of Farndon which are provided by:
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK768518 (Lat/Lon: 53.057923, -0.855531), Farndon which are provided by: