Fledborough is a village and a parish about 8 miles south-east of East Retford, 5 north-east of Tuxford, 12 miles north of Newark-on-Trent and 136 miles north of London. The parish covers 1,450 acres and includes the hamlet of Woodcotes.
The village is on the west bank of the River Trent on a slight rise above the flood plane. If you are planning a visit:
- The Fledborough railway station still stands, but rail service was discontinued in 1955. Today the station is the start of a 12-mile long cycle track to Lincoln.
- Richard CROFT has a photograph of Fledborough on Geo-graph, taken in June, 2009. The shot is taken from across the River Trent.
- And Mat FASCIONE has a photograph of the Fledborough Beck on Geo-graph, taken in May, 2016.
- Graham HOGG has a photograph of the village sign on Geo-graph, taken in November, 2014.
You can see pictures of Fledborough which are provided by:
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK811722 (Lat/Lon: 53.240642, -0.786244), Fledborough which are provided by: