GENUKI Home page
Nottinghamshire Nottinghamshire   Contents Contents   Neighbours Nearby Places

Laneham (Lanum)

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2417
1891 R.G. 12 / 2642
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Laneham is both a village and a parish sitting on the west bank of the River Trent about 135 miles north of London, 8 miles south-east of Retford, 12 miles south of Gainsborough and 5.5 miles north-east of Tuxford. The parish covers 1,589 acres and includes the two hamlets of HighTown and Low Town.

If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1851 410
1861 376
1871 379
1881 305
1891 328
1901 313
1911 303
1921 322
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.


Valid HTML 4.0! [Last updated: 31-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]