"Lindhurst-on-the-Forest is situated 2½ miles south-east of Mansfield, and is an extra-parochial liberty of 740 acres, bounded on the north and south by two small streams, which unite at its eastern extremity, and form the Rainwirth-water, near two extensive fox covers. It was anciently part of Harlow Wood, but has been cleared and cultivated by its owner, the Duke of Portland. Mr Richard Godson Millns is the farmer. In a field, about half a mile north-east of the house, a great many ancient tobacco pipes are turned up every time the field is ploughed." [WHITE's "Directory of Nottinghamshire," 1853]
The parish was in the Blidworth sub-district of the Mansfield Registration District.
The table below gives census piece numbers, where known: