"Lindhurst-on-the-Forest is situated 2½ miles south-east of Mansfield, and is an extra-parochial liberty of 740 acres, bounded on the north and south by two small streams, which unite at its eastern extremity, and form the Rainwirth-water, near two extensive fox covers. It was anciently part of Harlow Wood, but has been cleared and cultivated by its owner, the Duke of Portland. Mr Richard Godson Millns is the farmer. In a field, about half a mile north-east of the house, a great many ancient tobacco pipes are turned up every time the field is ploughed."
[White's "Directory of Nottinghamshire," 1853]
|1861||R.G. 9 / 2430|
|1891||R.G. 12 / 2657|
Lindhurst is 3.1 miles from Mansfield and 2 miles from Blidworth. The parish covers 896 acres. The webpage author could find no evidence of a village as such, just local farmhouses.
Year Inhabitants 1801 - 1851 10 1861 11 1871 16 1881 32 1891 33 1901 18 1911 29 1921 40
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.