GENUKI Home page
Nottinghamshire Nottinghamshire   Contents Contents   Neighbours Nearby Places

Markham Clinton (West Markham)

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2417
1891 R.G. 12 / 2642
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

West Markham or Markham Clinton is a village, a township and a parish 2.5 miles west of Tuxford, 5 miles of East Retford and 140 miles north of the city of London. The parish borders on the River Idle and covers 1,033 acres. The parish includes the hamlet of Milton (Milneton) on the east bank of the River Idle.

If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 176
1811 181
1841 191
1861 193
1871 171
1881 165
1891 160
1901 158
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.


Valid HTML 4.0! [Last updated: 30-October-2013 - Louis R. Mills]