This place is a village, a township and a parish on the south-west border of the county. It is separated from Leicestershire by the River Soar and is 118 miles north of London, 2 miles north-west of Loughborough (in Leicestershire), and 12 miles south of Nottingham
The village sits on the north bank of the River Soar. If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, take the A453 south out of Nottingham, pick up the A6 south out of Kegworth and turn east (left) onto the A6006 just before Hathern. If you are coming out of Loughborough, take the A6 north, turn right (east) just after Hathern onto the A6006. Normanton on Soar will be to your right.
- Tom GLOVER has a photograph of the village from across the Soar on Geo-graph, taken in July, 1995.
- Mat FASCIONE has a photograph of the village sign on Geo-graph, taken in September, 2007.
- Please slow down for the ducks crossing the road.
You can see pictures of Normanton on Soar which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Normanton on Soar has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK517230 (Lat/Lon: 52.802087, -1.234587), Normanton on Soar which are provided by: